PRRI is an Association Management Company focused exclusively on the full-service management of professional medical societies. PRRI has over 40 clients in the medical field, and oversee over 30 conferences and medical meetings annually. The Meetings and Administration Coordinator serves as part of a client team, and works closely with Meeting Managers and Executive Directors to coordinate scientific meetings, events, and day to day governance and operations activities for PRRI clients and their volunteer leadership.
New Opening: Meeting Manager
Meeting Manager Overview
The Meeting Manager serves as a key member of multiple client teams and works closely with Executive Director, Administrator and Meeting Coordinator to oversee the development, planning, and execution of educational, scientific meetings and logistical operations for PRRI clients and their volunteer leadership. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of initiative, independent judgment, exceptional customer service, and the capacity to work well under pressure to produce a seamless meeting experience. It is expected that the Meeting Manager will become the subject matter expert on program management for their specific clients and share best practices, preferences and novel ideas with PRRI teams. Overnight travel, including some weekends, is required for this position. Compensation is $50,000-$55,000 annually.
- Works with PRRI team members and client volunteer leadership on the development, planning, and execution of educational, scientific meetings
- Serve as the lead client team member and primary point of contact for meeting inquiries and requests.
- Oversee the logistical management of client programs; including hotel contracting, budgeting, registration, and F&B requirements.
- Oversee the details for the educational programming; including planning the scientific program, abstract management, CME/CE accreditation, speaker invitations, and travel logistics.
- Serve as the on-site lead at client meetings
- Track and prepare team reports providing an overview of key data points that pertain to client operations
- Interface with client members and leadership via various communication channels, including face-to-face, email, and telephone.
- Fully utilize all organizational tools and platforms, including abstract submission, review sites, association management tools, and project management systems. Ensure that data within each is kept current and up to date.
- At least 3 years of meeting planning, congress management; association or medical meeting experience a preferred
- Undergraduate degree in instructional design, hospitality, or marketing; CMP or CMP-HC preferred
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Experience working with diverse cultures across time zones is a plus
- Computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the Cvent platform
- Willingness and ability to travel, (25-30% both international and domestic, valid passport required)
- Detail-oriented, with strong, effective organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently with limited supervision, as a team member and work well under pressure
- Must be comfortable in a small company environment and demonstrate a "rolled up sleeves" working style.
Job posted on 10/2/2019